Eating well, regularly exercising and getting enough sleep are all important to staying healthy. But did you know the quality of your water is also essential to your health? While most Americans already have access to clean water, unfiltered tap water is still tainted with a number of impurities. A filtration system is the only way to keep the water clean and free of these contaminants. A water filtration system separates particles and impurities from the water before they ever reach the tap or your glass, leaving you with only the purest drinking water.
Unfortunately, the system is unable to do its job without the proper maintenance. An improperly maintained water filtration system will be less effective at removing particles from the water, which will cause it to smell bad and pose countless potential health threats. You could put yourself at risk to the following elements by failing to properly maintain your water system in Hillsborough County, FL:
- Arsenic: Traditional tap water can contain dangerously high levels of arsenic. Arsenic is an incredibly powerful carcinogen. Regular exposure to arsenic has been known to increase the risk of developing several types of cancers.
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs): Many municipalities will use chlorine to disinfect drinking water because it is effective and relatively cheap. Unfortunately, use of the chemical results in the presence of DBPs in the water, which can be dangerous to consume in excess. A water filtration system will safely remove the DBPs from the water.
- Aluminum: Unfiltered municipal water has been known to contain high levels of aluminum. Excessive consumption of this metal has been linked to the development of Alzheimer’s disease, skin problems, liver disease, hyperactivity and learning disabilities in children.
- Fluoride: Fluoride is known for improving oral health. While it does have some benefits, the additive can also cause dangerous side effects. Research has shown that drinking fluoride-packed water may lead to a weakened immune system and cellular damage that accelerates the aging process.
- Lead: Some cities still rely on pipes that were installed decades ago. Older pipes frequently result in high levels of lead within the water. This can be devastating to community health. A water system in Hillsborough County, FL is the only way to ensure you and your family our protected from hidden dangers lurking in the water.
The benefits of filtered water
An increased intake of pure water can help the body to better absorb nutrients, and can even assist with weight loss and detoxification. On top of that, you’ll reduce the amount of plastic sitting in the dump by choosing to use filtered water instead of relying on single-use water bottles.
Having a poorly maintained water filtration system is just as bad as not having one at all. Regular maintenance from a trained professional is the best way to get the best performance from your water filtration system. At Advanced Pump & Well Service, we recommend having your water system in Hillsborough County, FL checked at least twice each year to ensure optimal performance. Call us today to schedule a maintenance check!
Categorised in: Water System