Installing a sprinkler system is the best way to ensure you have a beautiful green lawn without wasting hours each week standing outside watering the grass with a handheld hose. Though you can generally “set it and forget it,” your sprinkler system does require a little maintenance if you want to get the most out of it and avoid sprinkler repair in Hillsborough County, FL:
- Schedule regular inspections: At least once a year, a technician should come out to your house and take a look at all the different components to ensure they’re working as they should. If anything seems amiss, the professional can fix it as soon as possible. Additionally, your technician will check for leaks to ensure you’re not wasting water.
- Clear obstructions: Are any of your sprinkler heads only shooting water in one direction, or not providing any water at all? That could be a sign that an object is blocking the water at the sprinkler head. You may not need a professional to remedy this situation. Just inspect the head and remove whatever is in the way.
- Adjust your watering schedule seasonally: Thanks to plenty of rainfall, your lawn doesn’t need the same amount of water from your sprinkler each month of the year. For example, you don’t need to run your sprinkler as often in August (the wettest month of the year) as you do in November (the driest month of the year). Changing your watering frequency reduces wear and tear while saving you money on your water bill.
- Install a rain sensor: Speaking of rainfall, you should consider adding a rain sensor to your sprinkler system that’ll shut it off on rainy days. Again, this reduces wear and tear and saves you a ton of money on your water bill.
What are the benefits of maintenance?
Maintaining your sprinkler system isn’t always the easiest chore, but it does have some huge upsides. Here are a few of the many benefits of being diligent when it comes to your sprinkler:
- Proper functionality: Constantly paying a technician for sprinkler repair in Hillsborough County, FL can put a major strain on your lawn and your wallet. Instead of calling someone to fix your system several times a year, set up an annual inspection schedule that’ll help ensure your system works as well as it can.
- Prolonged lifespan: Sprinkler systems aren’t the cheapest systems to install. Make sure you get your money’s worth by taking care of your system. Small things like adjusting your watering schedule can add years to its lifespan.
- Warranty retention: If your system is under warranty, there might be a stipulation that you must have a professional inspection each year. Be sure to check your warranty and set up a maintenance call as soon as possible if that’s the case.
Even if you follow all of the maintenance tips mentioned above, you still might need sprinkler repair in Hillsborough County, FL. Be sure to call Advanced Pump & Well Service if that’s the case! We’ll send someone out right away to fix your sprinkler system to ensure your lawn looks its best all year long.
Categorised in: Sprinkler Repair