Homeowners who live outside of city limits basically only have one choice for drinking water: they have to install a well on their property. However, they do have a couple of different choices when it comes to the pump that brings water from the well up to their home.
The two most common types of well pumps are submersible pumps and jet pumps. This post will focus on the reasons why you should choose a jet pump in Hillsborough County, FL the next time you need to drill a well:
- Energy efficiency: A jet pump uses suction to bring water up from the well and into your home. It’s basically just a big straw! Since atmospheric pressure is doing most of the heavy lifting, the jet pump doesn’t require very much energy to operate. It’s operated by an electric motor that’s mounted either in your home or above the well. You can rest easy knowing that this energy-efficient motor will only be sucking water up from your well, and not money out of your pocket each month.
- Low maintenance: As a rule of thumb, the fewer working parts a piece of machinery has, the less maintenance it requires. Along with the motor mentioned above, a well with a jet pump also has an impeller that helps create a vacuum to draw the water upward. These are basically the only two working parts in the pump. Though your well should be inspected annually, the pump shouldn’t necessitate much more maintenance than this regular checkup.
- Durability: Underground sand and dirt can pose a threat to well water systems, especially if your well is operated by a submersible pump with a lot of moving parts. Luckily, that’s not really a concern for property owners with jet pumps. A jet pump doesn’t have any mechanical parts below ground, so there’s no threat of sand getting in there and wreaking havoc. As long as you have a professional install your well, it should be sand-free for years to come.
Why hire Advanced Pump & Well Service?
There are quite a few companies in the area who can install and maintain your jet pump in Hillsborough County, FL. That said, we’re the only team you need. Here are a few reasons why you should always choose Advanced Pump & Well Service:
- Experience: We’ve been a family owned and operated business since 1956, so you could say we know a thing or two about wells and jet pumps! Regardless of the type of well or pump you have, we can fix it.
- Wide range of services: We don’t just fix and install pumps—we provide a whole host of related services for our clients. We can do everything from drilling and inspecting wells to installing whole-home water filtration systems to keep your water fresh and clean.
- 24/7 service: We understand that you can’t be without clean drinking water for days on end if your well or pump malfunctions. That’s why we’re always on call to handle emergency situations. Day or night, call our team to come fix your well or pump.
If your jet pump in Hillsborough County, FL is acting up or if you need a new well drilled, be sure to call our team at Advanced Pump & Well Service. We’ll come to your house straight away to address the issue to ensure you have clean and safe water.
Categorised in: Jet Pump