Signs You May Need a New Well Pump
When your home or business isn’t hooked up to the municipal water supply, you’ll have to rely on well water. In order for the well water to keep flowing properly, your well pump has to be appropriately maintained. Even if you keep up with all your preventative maintenance and well pump repair in Brooksville, FL, all machinery wears out eventually. That’s why it’s smart to know the signs that you might need a new well pump.
If it’s time to replace your well pump, Advanced Pump & Well Service offers well pump installation in Brooksville, FL.
Read on to learn what to look for and then give us a call to get a new pump.
How to tell if it’s time to replace your well pump
Here are the signs that your well pump is no longer working:
- No water available: If you try to turn on your faucet or flush the toilets, only to find that there’s no water coming out, that’s an obvious sign that your well pump has a problem. To rule out other causes, check to make sure your well pump is powered on and the pressure tank is working. Rule out broken pipes by checking your yard for soggy or muddy spots.
- Low water pressure: This could be a problem with the pressure tank, or the pump is unable to draw adequate water. Check to make sure that all faucets are having the same problem. If it’s just one faucet, low pressure could be due to iron bacteria buildup; however, if all the faucets are exhibiting the same low pressure, it’s the pump or pressure tank.
- Spitting faucets: When your faucets spit, that means that you have air in your plumbing system. This could mean that the pump is struggling to pull water up and, instead, is bringing in air. It could also be that you have a cracked pipe or the water table is too low to produce sufficient water.
- Your pump constantly runs: When the pump is continuously running, that’s a good sign that it needs to be repaired if not replaced entirely. Other causes could be that the pump needs to be primed, there are leaky pipes or the pressure control switch is faulty.
- Dirty well water: Finally, if your well water appears dirty and smells like rotten eggs, that’s often a sign of minerals in the water—but if dirt or sediment comes out, the pump needs to be repaired or replaced right away.
If you notice any of these signs, it’s best to call a well contractor out to your property right away. Whether you need well pump repair or new well pump installation in Brooksville, FL, you do need the help of a seasoned professional. Your well contractor will check all the issues listed above to rule out other causes and then repair or replace your well pump.
Clean, running water is important for every household and business. For help with well pump repair and installation in Brooksville, FL, reach out to Advanced Pump & Well Service today.
Categorised in: Well Pump Installation